Project 2- Trailer

 Lexi Lawley

Project 2 

June 20, 2024 

 

StarStruck (TV Movie 2010) - IMDbWelcome back fellow movie fans!!

Thanks for coming back to the world’s best movie critic blog! The last time we talked, I told my fellow movie lovers about my interests in movies! However, for this blog, I want to talk about movie trailers. Trailers make or break whether somebody is going to watch the movie or not. Therefore, it is crucial to have a trailer that is eye-catching and interesting. And that is developed by specific details that are built within the trailer. 

I want to talk more about specifically the trailer of my favorite movie, the Disney movie Starstruck. The official trailer of Starstruck, in my opinion, doesn’t really do the movie justice. It is mostly filled with funny scenes from the movie which, don’t get me wrong, can be a real crowd getter, but there is so much drama that is also in the movie that isn’t shown in any way by the trailer.  

The first detail that really stood out to me was the music that was playing in the background. It’s very happy, fast paced music that is played in the movie. This shows a good representation of the funny events that happened during the movie. But more dramatic sound effects around the more dramatic scenes would help give the viewers a clearer understanding of the genre of the movie. For instance, if I was watching the trailer for the first time, I would think that this is a comedy movie by the sounds of the trailer. In reality, this is more of a romance and drama genre of movie with a tiny sprinkle of comedic jokes. This causes confusion to the viewers. There are some viewers that don’t care for romance and drama movies, so this could be a negative shock to the viewer. In my personal opinion, the music of the trailer and scenes that are included just doesn’t accurately portray the movie genre. Some scenes that would have benefited this trailer are when the two main characters, Jessica and Christopher, don’t like each other but are stuck together, and the scene where Christopher says he never met Jessica before. These are two scenes that I think would be enticing to the audience with the drama. 

To put the movie in a nutshell, it is about a famous superstar who meets a small-town girl and they fall in love. The trailer doesn’t show the romance at all, so it may look like this is his long hometown friend or maybe even a family member. The world may never know…. unless you watch the movie, then you would figure it out! 

On the other hand, a smart detail I think they made was adding the well-known stars names to the trailers to show that they are in the movie. At the end of the trailer, they add the stars names such as Sterling Knight and Brandon Mychal Smith in bold letters. This draws fans from those well-known stars to the movie. For example, the individuals that really like Sterling Knight, like me, would be more interested in watching that movie because he stars in it. Adding these names can add thousands of viewers to the movie. Movies that have well-known stars in them are already more likely to be viewed, so advertising the names is a great marketing plan. 

                  Overall, I think the Starstruck trailer has good and bad details to it. At some points of the trailer, I don’t think it accurately portrays it, such as the music and scenes included. But, I do think that if it were my first time watching the trailer, I would want to watch the movie. Towards the end of the trailer, it leaves you wanting to know more about the movie, which makes the viewers want to actually watch the movie. If I had to rate the trailer out of 10, I would rate it a 4/10. 

        That is all for this blog today! I hope that some of my fellow film followers resonate to this! Thanks for reading about my favorite movie trailer and why trailers are crucial to the movie industry, and I hope for everyone to come back for the next blog! 

 

 

Rhetorical Situation: 

 

I intend this project for fellow movie bloggers/critics, or even people that want to know more about the trailer of Starstruck. I want people to be able to read this and get a good review of the trailer, but also know that the trailer isn’t always as great as what the movie is. Sometimes the trailer doesn’t do it the movie justice, and that makes or breaks a movie. There were many times throughout this trailer where I didn’t think it accurately portrayed the movie, so being able to still have an open mind while watching the trailer is crucial. I am writing in a more up-beat blogger persona that is very passionate for movies, especially my favorite movie, Starstruck. I want people to get a lot of personality from this blog, as well as a truthful and honest review. I don’t want it to sound too bias, but I understand that it can with the persona that is given. 

Comments

  1. Music plays a major role in the storyline of a movie. It gives the audience a sort of internal feeling to relate to the scene being viewed. I think everyone has seen enough movies to be able to pick up on what is about to happen based on what is being played on the soundtrack. If what people see and what people hear are two different things, then this could cause a confusion with whether or not they like the movie. I think music in sports movies is especially important because of the way it can induce an adrenaline rush to go along with the heat of the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Welcome to my Blog!